|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Zucchini/ Pumpkin Olive Oil Cake|
This zucchini pumpkin cake is delicious with a scoop of lemon sherbet.
How to make it:
- Serves 4
- 3 cups of spelt flour [or rice]
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups raw brown sugar [or 1 cup agave]
- 1 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- zest of 1 1/2 lemon, finely grated
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded zucchini
- 1 1/2 cup of shredded pumpkin
- 1 cup walnuts,chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, sea salt and spices, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the brown sugar, eggs and oil until light. Add the vanilla and lemon zest,
- followed by the dry ingredients, beating thoroughly to combine.
- Add the zucchini and pumpkin and walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 13 by 9-inch cake pan.
- Bake the cake 35-40 minutes, or until it is golden brown on top and springy to the touch in the center.
- Dust the top of the cake with confectioner's sugar or what ever your preference and serve.