|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Tempe Mendoan (Fried Tempeh with Batter and Chives)|
This food can be eaten as snack or with rice. It's good to eat while hot. When it's become cold, do not re-fry. Just put it in the oven for 3 minutes
How to make it:
- 1 Tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- 1/3 cup spelt flour [or BTD compliant flour]
- 1/3 cup chives, chopped (dry will work)
- 1 package tempeh, any flavor
- Ground coriander, sea salt, and garlic to form a paste.
- Mix the paste with water.
- Add the flours, and enough water to make a batter.
- Add chives.
- Slice tempeh thinly.
- Preheat oil in a wok or deep frying pan (this needs quite a lot of oil).
- Wait until the oil is hot enough.
- Dip sliced tempeh into the batter and fry for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Do not let the batter turn brown or become dry.
- Drain the fried tempeh and eat while hot.
- Best eaten with sweet soy sauce and jalapeno slices sauce and hot rice.