|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
How to make it:
- Seasoning Mix---Combine all ingredients in a small bowl until evenly distributed.
- 1 Tablespoon flour (millet or brown rice will work)
- 2 Tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder (or substitute 1-2 tsp cumin powder)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon or less red pepper, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (see note below for onion and garlic changes)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (or eliminate chili powder and use 1-2 tsp cumin powder, as stated above)
- 1 # lean ground beef or turkey or chicken (either works fine)
- 2 (15-1/2-oz.) cans great northern beans (I prefer Bush's brand)
- 2 cups water
- Chili Seasoning, the whole amount above
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- Note: You can use fresh chopped onion and 1 minced clove of garlic in place of the instant ones listed in the seasoning mix, and brown these with the meat.
- Brown ground beef or turkey or chicken over medium heat in a pot suitable enough for making chili or soup.
- Drain, if desired.
- Add beans, water, seasoning mix, and celery.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium low, and allow to cook for about 30 minutes, or until desired thickness, stirring occasionally