|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Poultry and Rice Flour Dumplings|
This is the BTD-compliant version of my mother's 'chicken and dumplings' recipe.
How to make it:
- 6 pieces of organic, free-range poultry, cut up
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- garlic to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- homemade poultry or vegetable stock (used in place of or to supplement the cooking water)
- 1 cup rice flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder [see Note below]
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened compliant milk
- 2 tablespoons melted ghee
- 1 teaspoon of fresh chopped parsley or thyme
- Baking Powder, corn-free
- Simmer the chicken and vegetables in a stock pot for a couple of hours.
- Once the poultry pieces are cooked, debone them.
- Add the pieces back to the broth and let simmer on very low heat while you make the dumplings.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the milk and ghee and stir just to incorporate the dry ingredients. Do not over beat.
- Turn up the heat under the chicken until the broth is boiling.
- Drop the dumplings by tablespoonfuls into the broth. Cover tightly and let the broth return to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and let the dumplings gently simmer for about 15 minutes.
- It's important to keep that cover on and not peek, however tempting it might be!
- Once the dumplings are done you can take some of the broth out and thicken it.
- Or thicken some extra chicken stock if the broth in the pot is running low.
- Then add it back into the pot to make gravy.
- Serve with fresh steamed or lightly cooked peas.
- Great for lunch the next day!