|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Basic Mayonnaise 1|
Mayonnaise made with olive oil.
How to make it:
- 1 egg (you can use two if you like rich mayo), should be room temperature
- 1 teaspoon mustard (I use Colman's dry)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-1/4 cup light olive oil (if you like the taste of extra virgin, use that)
- 2-3 Tablespoons lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- Put the egg, mustard, salt, and 1/4 cup oil in your blender and blend on low.
- While the mixture is blending, pour 1/2 cup oil in a very thin stream, very slowly into the blender.
- The secret to good mayo is how slowly you add the oil so it can emulsify.
- Stop and scrape down the sides of the blender now and then.
- Once the 1/2 cup of oil has been added, stop the blender, put in the vinegar or lemon juice, start the blender once more and add the remaining 1/2 cup of oil in just the same way - a thin stream poured very slowly into the mixture.
- Remember to scrape down the sides occasionally.
- Store in the fridge in a tightly covered container or jar.
- This will keep about a week in warm weather, about two weeks in colder weather.