|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
A way to serve fresh collards that's tasty and quick, taken from about.com's southernfoods recipe page and adapted slightly for the BTD.
How to make it:
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds collard greens or turnip greens, boiled or steamed until tender
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons light olive oil or ghee
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons minced garlic (about 4 large cloves)
- salt and black pepper, to taste (optional)
- hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Drain greens well.
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat, cook garlic in the oil until it just begins to brown.
- Add the drained greens.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired.
- Add a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce.