|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Moroccan Lamb Sausage Patties from Food Network|
Flavorful lamb sausage recipe easily adapted for all except for Type A secretors.
|Best Used By Blood Types:|
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
How to make it:
- Optional Yogurt Sauce (omit for Type O's):
- 1 cup plain yogurt (regular or nonfat)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar (omit except for Type B's)
- 1 Tablespoon paprika (sweet or hot)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice (B's and AB's can omit substitute w 1/8 teaspoon ground clove)
- Ground black pepper (A's and AB's omit)
- To prepare yogurt sauce (omit for Type O's): In a small bowl, mix yogurt, cilantro, and cumin.
- Set aside.
- To prepare sausage patties, put meat in a large bowl and add all blood type appropriate ingredients.
- Mix with your hands until well blended.
- Form mixture into 8 small patties.
- Cook patties on a barbecue (or in a nonstick frying pan or well-oiled skillet) until seared on the outside and cooked through inside, about 8 minutes total.
- Instant thermometer internal temperature reading of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve drizzled with optional yogurt sauce.
BTD Core Ingredients Analysis:
BTD Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Yogurt||2|| N|| N|| B|| N|| B|| B|| A|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
If an ingredient is an avoid for your blood type, then try using a BTD compliant variant/substitute or leaving the item out of the recipe.
When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has been recently greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a couple of years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended. Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of the all the new features and food lists. Please be patient with us until the process has been completed.
- Revised Jan 01, 2011 at 09:26 PM By: Joe