|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Moroccan Lamb Sausage Patties from Food Network|
Flavorful lamb sausage recipe easily adapted for all except for Type A secretors.
How to make it:
- Optional Yogurt Sauce (omit for Type O's):
- 1 cup plain yogurt (regular or nonfat)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar (omit except for Type B's)
- 1 Tablespoon paprika (sweet or hot)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice (B's and AB's can omit substitute w 1/8 teaspoon ground clove)
- Ground black pepper (A's and AB's omit)
- To prepare yogurt sauce (omit for Type O's): In a small bowl, mix yogurt, cilantro, and cumin.
- Set aside.
- To prepare sausage patties, put meat in a large bowl and add all blood type appropriate ingredients.
- Mix with your hands until well blended.
- Form mixture into 8 small patties.
- Cook patties on a barbecue (or in a nonstick frying pan or well-oiled skillet) until seared on the outside and cooked through inside, about 8 minutes total.
- Instant thermometer internal temperature reading of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve drizzled with optional yogurt sauce.