|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Venison Salisbury Steak|
I adapted this from a Betty Crocker cookbook.
|Best Used By Blood Types:Category:|
How to make it:
- 1 lb Ground Venison (Deer, Elk, Antelope, etc)
- 2-3 RyeVita Crackers, ground to crumbs
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 can of condensed beef broth (or 2TBS Braggs Aminos in 1 1/2 cup water)
- 1 4 oz can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1-2 tsp of xanthan gum (as a cornstach substitute)
- 1-2 TBS Olive oil (Optional)(OR use a non-stick skillet)
- Mix venison, RyeVita crumbs, salt, pepper and egg. Shape into 4 oval patties. Cook patties in 10 inch skillet over medium heat, turning occaionally,until brown, about 10 minutes. Add onion, brothe and mushrooms. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simer until meat is done, about 10 minutes.
- Remove patties; keep warm. HEat onion mixture to boiling. Carefully sprinkle xanthan gum in mixture and stir with wire whisk until thickened. Serve over patties.
BTD Core Ingredients Analysis:
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Venison||1|| A|| A|| A|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
If an ingredient is an avoid for your blood type, then try using a BTD compliant variant/substitute or leaving the item out of the recipe.
When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has been recently greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a couple of years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended. Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of the all the new features and food lists. Please be patient with us until the process has been completed.