|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Venison Salisbury Steak|
I adapted this from a Betty Crocker cookbook.
How to make it:
- 1 lb Ground Venison (Deer, Elk, Antelope, etc)
- 2-3 RyeVita Crackers, ground to crumbs
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 can of condensed beef broth (or 2TBS Braggs Aminos in 1 1/2 cup water)
- 1 4 oz can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1-2 tsp of xanthan gum (as a cornstach substitute)
- 1-2 TBS Olive oil (Optional)(OR use a non-stick skillet)
- Mix venison, RyeVita crumbs, salt, pepper and egg. Shape into 4 oval patties. Cook patties in 10 inch skillet over medium heat, turning occaionally,until brown, about 10 minutes. Add onion, brothe and mushrooms. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simer until meat is done, about 10 minutes.
- Remove patties; keep warm. HEat onion mixture to boiling. Carefully sprinkle xanthan gum in mixture and stir with wire whisk until thickened. Serve over patties.