|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Quick Chocolate Cake or Muffins|
Moist chocolate cake or muffin - originally from Australian Good Taste magazine but I modified AND forgot the butter/oil last time - actually tasted better without!
How to make it:
- 300g or 2 cups flour (I've only tried spelt)
- 75g or 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 heaped teaspoons of baking powder [BTD compliant]
- 330g or 1-1/3 cup sugar (I use 1 cup)[or compliant sweetener]
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 435ml or 1-3/4 cup rice milk
- favorite compliant nuts (e.g. walnut), and/or fruit, jam or icing sugar to decorate
- *if you really want to use the grease - original recipe used 125g cooled melted butter (or 1/2 cup grape seed oil) added with rice milk.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Place large paper muffin cases in muffin tin, or prepare 24cm (approx) cake tin (I used a silicon pan with a little grape seed oil, or you can oil and paper/flour a regular metal pan.
- Sift cocoa, flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and stir.
- Add egg and rice milk and beat with wooden spoon for about a minute until thick and glossy.
- Spoon into muffin cases or cake tin and decorate with nuts/fruit.
- Bake muffins for 30 minutes, or cake for 80 minutes, or until wooden skewer come out clean.
- Stand for 5 minutes before tipping out on wire rack to cool (I left cake sitting longer).
- Lovely with a cuppa (herbal tea), or as a dessert jazzed up with fresh fruit or fruit sauce (just blend your fave with pear juice or sugar).