|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Oat Bran Muffins|
A wheat and dairy-free snack or breakfast food.
How to make it:
- 2 free range eggs
- 2 Tablespoons sunflower oil [or BTD compliant oil]
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder [baking powder recipes]
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup rice (or soy) milk. Use a little apple juice or water to increase moisture if final mixture is too firm. Mixture should flow easily off the spoon or muffins will be too dry.
- 1/3 cup brown sugar [or BTD compliant sweetener]
- 1 cup organic oat bran
- 1 cup nut meal (can use almond, hazelnut or walnut as preferred)
- 1 cup wheat-free flour [spelt or other BTD compliant flour]
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Combine wet ingredients in a food processor
- Add dry ingredients and process for 1 minute to refine texture of oat bran
- Spoon mixture into muffin tin (use paper liners for easy removal and if you want to freeze muffins for later
- Bake for 15 to 19 minutes until golden.