|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Amaranth Flatbreads/ Crackers|
These flat breads are high in protein and crisp and tasty. They can be eaten plain or with a spread and can made into smaller circles to act as crackers.
How to make it:
- 1 cup amaranth flour (1/4 amaranth flour for rolling)
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot flour
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed ground or whole (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground dried chives (any desired herb)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl together.
- In separate bowl combine water and oil and beat with a fork.
- Slowly add water/oil to dry ingredients turning the flour slowly.
- Mix ingredients until firm ball but not too sticky.
- Oil flat baking pan and roll out (or pat with hands) small balls of dough until 1/8th inch thick using extra flour to keep from sticking.
- Place in oven for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove and flip the flat breads, put them back in the oven for another 3 minutes.
- They are served well warm or cold, refrigerate any extras.