|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|No Tomato Tomato Sauce|
Quick and easy to make and you won't believe it's not really tomatoes! You can use this for spaghetti sauce, chili base or pizza sauce or whatever sauce!
How to make it:
- 2 1/2 cups steamed carrots
- 1/3 cup steamed beets
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Basil (leave out for Chili)
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Oregano
- 3/4 cup chopped cooked onions (I use dried flakes but not this much)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Steam carrots and beets until tender.
- Brown onion & garlic together.
- Measure all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add cooked ground meat or meatballs for spaghetti sauce. Or use as is for pizza sauce.
- Omit basil for chili and use as you would normally.
- It freezes nicely in a canning jar. Remember to allow about an inch at the top and tighten jar lid after sauce freezes.