|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
Carob Brownies with crushed Walnuts
How to make it:
- 15 teaspoons carob powder
- 1/3 cup ghee
- 1-1/2 cups sugar [or 3/4 cups agave nectar]
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla [optional]
- 1-1/2 cups spelt flour
- less than 1 teaspoon baking soda [not in Typebase]
- less than 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or other nuts
- Heat oven to 325F.
- Grease 9x13' baking pan.
- Melt Ghee and carob powder in medium saucepan over low heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix in sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spread in pan.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until brownies start to pull away from sides of pan.
- Do not overbake.
- Cool slightly.
- Cut into bars.