|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Curried Lentil Soup|
this is an amazing soup!
How to make it:
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 medium carrots diced
- 2 large celery stalks diced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 medium granny smith apple diced
- 1 Tablespoon ginger root peeled & grated
- 1 large garlic clove crushed
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 3/4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups lentils raw
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley or cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- In a 5 quart dutch oven or sauce pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots, celery, onion, and apple and cook, stirring occasionally 10 - 15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add ginger, garlic, curry, cumin and coriander and cook, stirring often.
- Add vegetable broth, lentils and 5 cups of water; heat to boiling over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 45-55 minutes until lentils are tender stirring occasionally.
- Stir in parsley and salt.
- Makes about 10 cups.
- I used extra garlic (3 large cloves) and ginger (2 Tablespoons)and I used chicken broth instead of vegetable broth also, I used 1 cup red lentils and 1 cup green lentils