|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
Eden Foods has many recipes posted on their web site (Eden Foods, Inc. 701 Tecumseh Road, Clinton, Michigan, 49236; www.edenfoods.com), and many recipes for sea vegetables. This is one of them. I substituted wheat-free tamari sauce for shoyu. Serves 6. Prep Time: 0:20. Cook Time: 0:35. Nutritional Info: Per serving 53 Calories, 2g Fat (40% calories from fat), 1g Protein, 7g Carbohydrate, 0mg Cholesterol, 281mg Sodium
How to make it:
- 1-1/2 cups carrots, matchsticks
- 1-1/2 cups onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Eden Hiziki, about 1/4 package, soaked 20 minutes in cold water to cover
- 1 Tablespoon Eden Toasted Sesame Oil [or other compliant oil]
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons wheat free tamari sauce
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger root, grated, squeeze out juice and discard pulp
- Remove hiziki from soaking water, discard water and chop hiziki.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet and saute onions for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add water, hiziki and carrots.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the flame to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes.Add tamari, cover and cook another 5 minutes. Remove cover, turn flame to high, cook off remaining liquid.
- Add ginger juice, mix and serve.