|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
These little pancakes work just like flour tortillas. You fry them in a little canola or olive oil (depending on the end result desired until crisp, then top them with sweet or savory toppings.
How to make it:
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1 egg white
- water as needed
- canola or olive oil for cooking
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Mix the flour and egg white with a fork and incorporate enough water to make a soft dough.
- Roll out on rice-floured surface and roll thin as possible with rolling pin.(pasta machine won't work here).
- Cut into small rounds with cookie cutter. As dough dries out, scrape back into the bowl and wet down with sprinkles of water until it holds together again. Continue until all dough is cut out.
- It's a good idea to layer the already cut discs between sheets of waxed paper while working.
- Fry the discs in canola or olive oil and top either with cinnamon sugar, jam, mozzarella cheese and sauteed onions, whatever you're in the mood for.
- These are chewy-crisp and very satisfying when you need a 'carrier' for your allowed goodies. Makes 1 dozen more or less depending on size of your cutter.