|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Seasoning Rub - Rib Round-Up Clone |
Before trying Father Tiresias D'Adamo's eating plan, I used to use Lawry's Seasoning Salt, Lawry's Garlic Salt, Suzie Q's Seasoning, and Rib Round-Up Seasoning from Old Country Deli. Rib Round-Up was great on barbeque tri-tips and barbeque chicken. Alas, all of these have avoid ingredients (generally pepper), so I have to guess at seasoning blends. I have only had time to try to clone Rib Round-Up. It isn't the same, but I have used it as an overnight rub on baked roasted tri-tips and an overnight rub on a prime rib. They were both delicious. I have also used it to season fish, chicken and other foods. You can invent your own rubs and seasonings. About.com has many rub recipes that can be adapted to your tastes and blood type.
How to make it:
- 1/2 cup sea salt
- 1/4 cup paprika (I use Farmer Brother regular paprika brand because that is what Old Country Deli used)
- 1/3 cup sugar, white, brown or turbinado
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic (Smart & Final brand does not have 'avoid' ingredients)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon turmeric (I purchased New Frontiers organic in bulk- 1 lb)
- 1 teaspoon dried lemon peel (I purchased New Frontiers organic in bulk - 1 lb)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Mix all ingredients together in bowl, Stir until blended well.
- I found a small salt shaker at Wal-Mart that has large holes. The large holes are necessary because this tends to cake, so you will have to shake it down regularly.
- The rest of the blend I store in a small baggie inside of a washed empty almond butter or tahini jar. I stick a label inside with the recipe so I will know which blend I am using.
- When I am making this blend, I tend to begin adding more than the amounts I have listed above, so the recipe comes out a little different each time.