|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Oat Flour Thin Pizza Crust|
I just came up with this recently and it came out really nice. A thin beneficial pizza crust.
How to make it:
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 packet yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- Ground flaxseed
- (can add herbs and parmesan, too)
- Preheat oven to 450 Fahrenheit (I use a pizza stone)
- Dissolve honey and yeast in warm water in a large mixing bowl.
- When yeast begins to activate (about 10 minutes later), add oil and salt and slowly add oat flour and mix well.
- When a ball forms knead for about 10 minutes until its no longer sticky (adding flour if needed).
- This next part I use (I forget the name) the big board with the handle that you use to remove pizza from the oven.
- Lightly sprinkle ground flaxseed over the board to prevent the dough from sticking, and gently roll out dough into a thin round circle, shaking the board every few rolls to make sure dough isn't sticking.
- Place the rolled out crust in the oven on the pizza stone and let cook about 5-7 minutes.
- Take out the whole thing (stone and crust) add your toppings and put back in the oven for another 10 minutes until crust is fully cooked.