|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Ginger Hiziki and Carrots|
A tasty bright orange and glistening black appetizer or vegetable side dish that has a deep, mineral-sweet flavor.
How to make it:
- 1/4 cup hiziki, loosely packed
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin (optional)
- Rinse the hiziki and soak it in 1/2 cup filtered water for 10 minutes.
- Drain, reserve the soaking water, and chop the hiziki.
- Warm the oil in a skillet, add and saute the garlic, ginger, hiziki, onion, and carrot for five minutes.
- Add the tamari and soaking water, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- If you notice any liquid remaining, uncover and cook until the liquid evaporates.
- At this point, you will want to add the mirin, if using, adjust the seasoning, and serve.