|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Cajun Smothered Corn|
A delicious side dish worth the time and effort it takes to prepare it. Macque Choux Cajun Smothered Corn.
How to make it:
- 12 ears of fresh corn
- 3 Tablespoons of vegetable oil, or butter, or ghee
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium size green pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of sugar, optional [or BTD compliant substitute]
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon of hot sauce, optional
- Cut off the tips of corn kernels into a bowl, scrape milk and remaining pulp from the cob with a knife. Set aside.
- Combine the oil or butter in a large skillet, heat until the butter melts.
- Add the corn, water, and remaining ingredients, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes.
- Cover, reduce the heat, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Makes 8 servings