|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Mom D's Pumpkin Pie|
Makes two 8 inch pies
How to make it:
- 2 spelt pie crusts
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-1/2 cups sugar [or BTD compliant substitute]
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups Rice Dream milk (I use Vanilla because that's what we buy)
- 3 cups pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine spices and sugar in large bowl.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat eggs with a fork until blended.
- Add Rice Milk to eggs and mix well.
- Pour into sugar and spices, and blend.
- Blend in pumpkin until smooth.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell and bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 F and bake about 40 more minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Gently remove from oven and cool on a wire rack until you can't wait any longer.
- Happy Thanksgiving!