|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Pumpkin Cookies with Egg|
soft cake-like pumpkin cookies
How to make it:
- 2-1/2 cup spelt Flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/4 cup butter & 1/8 cup ghee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup packed brown sugar or 1/2 cup white sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 cup raisins and/or nuts
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Beat butter/ghee 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add egg, pumpkin & vanilla and beat well.
- Add dry ingredients and beat just until mixed.
- Stir in raisins and/or nuts.
- Place 2 inches apart on a greased (I use Ghee) cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes at 375 F.
- Again, I use less sugar than the recipe calls for and it's not missed. Substitutions could be made if you don't want to use sugar.