|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
Pumpkin cake-like cookies
How to make it:
- 1/2 cup sugar [or 1/4 cup agave]
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar [or BTD compliant sweetener]
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 2 1/2 cup spelt flour [or BTD compliant flour]
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup nutmeats and/or raisins
- Put dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Add pumpkin, ghee, vanilla & mix by hand until all is moistened.
- Blend in nuts and/or raisins by hand.
- Bake about 10 minutes at 350 F on a greased or non-stick cookie sheet.
- Makes 3 dozen.
- I have put powdered sugar (handmade), rice milk & lemon juice together to make a glaze but it is too sweet for me with the raisins. We prefer them plain.
- You could substitute maple syrup, honey or molasses for some or all of the sugar. I use a little less sugar than the recipe calls for just about always.