|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Cumin Sweet Potatoes|
A favorite Indian potato recipe substituting sweet potatoes for white. A secretors may want to use the original version.
How to make it:
- 1.5 - 2 pounds sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1' cubes
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon mango powder (or 1-2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Steam sweet potatoes until tender.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Heat oil in skillet or wok over med-high heat.
- Add cumin seeds and cook 30 seconds (they should sizzle). Add sweet potatoes, ground coriander, ground cumin, salt, and ground paprika.
- Cook, stirring carefully until golden, about 10 minutes. Add mango powder and cilantro.
- Cook stirring, another 5-7 minutes.
Recipe works best in nonstick wok. Serves 4-6.