|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
Delicious side dish. Simple Italian recipe. Good for quick snack, side dish or add more liquid for a delicious soup, with sprinkled Romano cheese for more flavor.
How to make it:
- 1 head escarole
- 1 bulb garlic (yes the entire bulb)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon miso, optional
- sea salt to taste
- In a skillet, heat olive oil.
- Add whole cloves or sliced cloves of garlic to hot oil. Add thoroughly rinsed and chopped (not too small) pieces of escarole into skillet.
- Toss in oil and garlic, cover and simmer about 5 minutes. Add miso, or sea salt to taste, cover again and wait until tender.