|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Sweet Potato Brownies|
No-grain, no-sugar brownies that are moist and fluffy. A very good substitute for regular brownies (my friends and family love them).
How to make it:
- 1 cup sweet potato flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter or ghee
- 1 cup vegetable glycerin
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 teaspoon almond extract [or use a BTD compliant substitute]
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl whisk flour, cocoa, and baking soda until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and vegetable glycerine until pale yellow.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, making sure that each is thoroughly incorporated before adding the next.
- With a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, stir in the flour mixture until just combined. Do not beat.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spoon batter into 9x9 inch baking pan, spreading if necessary into corners.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out almost dry.
- Set pan on wire rack to cool.