|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Creamed Swiss Chard|
A new take on Creamed Spinach, this is a delicious vegetable side dish -though not a very pretty one. Makes 4 servings, adopted from GoVeg.com
How to make it:
- 2 Tbsp. margarine, preferably unsalted
- 2 medium shallots, diced
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup liquid nondairy creamer or soy milk
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large bunch (about 1 1/2 lbs.) green Swiss chard, rinsed with ribs removed and leaves roughly chopped
- In a large sautT pan, melt the margarine over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until translucentˇabout 3 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Add the nondairy creamer or soy milk, nutmeg, salt, and pepper, then raise the heat to high and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is reduced by halfˇabout 2 minutes.
- Add the chard, stir, and cook until tenderˇaround 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.