|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Gluten-Free Oven-Fried Cod|
A quick and delicious way to prepare cod
How to make it:
- 1/3 cup Hol-Grain gluten free bread crumbs, or your favorite compliant breadcrumb substitute, puffed amaranth works well also.
- 1/3 cup millet flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (for Os) or type appropriate seasonings as desired, optional
- 2 (6-oz) pieces center-cut cod, 3/4 inch thick, fresh or thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Combine bread crumbs, millet flour, salt, and seasoning in a large sealable plastic bag and shake to mix.
- Season fish with salt and pepper on both sides and, working with 1 piece at a time, put fish in bag and shake to coat well with crumbs. Dip fish in eggs, then shake in crumbs again to coat. Transfer fish to a plate.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch heavy ovenproof skillet (preferably cast-iron) over high heat until hot but not smoking, then fry fish until undersides are golden brown, about 1 minute. Add more oil if needed, turn over, and cook 1 minute more. Put skillet in upper third of oven and bake until fish is just cooked through, about 5 minutes. (May want to use a different pan if the first one is starting to smoke)
- Serve with brazilian or southern collards, followed by berries