|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Raspberry or Strawberry Ice or Sorbet|
Type O Secretor Raspberry/Strawberry Ice or Sorbet
|Best Used By Blood Types:|
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
How to make it:
- 12 ounces raspberries, washed, drained and pureed (I'm guessing about 3-4 cups).
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups of sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- You can press the berries through a strainer. I didn't because I didn't mind the seeds.
- Make ahead of time a simple syrup.
- Add the water to the pan - then the sugar. Stir over medium heat just until sugar dissolves. Cover pan with a lid and boil gently for 5 minutes. Do not stir to avoid crystals. Set the pan of syrup aside until it cools.
- Add enough of the syrup to the berry puree to satisfy your taste.
- I did not use all of my syrup.
- The remainder can be used for lemonade or another use. You can also make a more dilute solution of syrup if you like.
- Add juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Freeze mixture.
- If you like, you can process in an ice cream freezer.
- My sorbet was delicious!
BTD Core Ingredients Analysis:
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
If an ingredient is an avoid for your blood type, then try using a BTD compliant variant/substitute or leaving the item out of the recipe.
When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has been recently greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a couple of years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended. Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of the all the new features and food lists. Please be patient with us until the process has been completed.
- Revised Jan 23, 2011 at 00:14 AM By: Joe