|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Raspberry or Strawberry Ice or Sorbet|
Type O Secretor Raspberry/Strawberry Ice or Sorbet
How to make it:
- 12 ounces raspberries, washed, drained and pureed (I'm guessing about 3-4 cups).
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups of sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- You can press the berries through a strainer. I didn't because I didn't mind the seeds.
- Make ahead of time a simple syrup.
- Add the water to the pan - then the sugar. Stir over medium heat just until sugar dissolves. Cover pan with a lid and boil gently for 5 minutes. Do not stir to avoid crystals. Set the pan of syrup aside until it cools.
- Add enough of the syrup to the berry puree to satisfy your taste.
- I did not use all of my syrup.
- The remainder can be used for lemonade or another use. You can also make a more dilute solution of syrup if you like.
- Add juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Freeze mixture.
- If you like, you can process in an ice cream freezer.
- My sorbet was delicious!