|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Thai Tuna Burgers|
Quick and tasty Thai inspired tuna burgers
|Best Used By Blood Types:|
- Type A (6 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type B (3 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (4 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
How to make it:
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna packed in water, drained and flaked
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs (blood type appropriate)
- 2 Tablespoons fine chopped fresh or dried cilantro or parsley (either works)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce or tamari (O should go wheat free)
- 2 teaspoons grated or minced fresh ginger root
- 1-1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- rolls or bread, according to blood type
- sweet red chili sauce (kind of an avoid, but you use sooo little)
- olive oil or soy mayonnaise
- lettuce or baby spinach
- In a large bowl, combine tuna, egg, bread crumbs, cilantro/parsley, soy sauce, and ginger. (for the daring, you can add a small splash of the red chili sauce in as well)
- Shape mixture into 4 fairly flat patties. Note that mix will be quite moist and patties kind of crumbly, but do your best to keep them together!
- Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray; add oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add patties and cook 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve on bread or rolls with chili sauce and mayonnaise, and lettuce or baby spinach.
- (if you mix a little of the chili sauce with the mayo, it makes a nice spread and you end of using very little of both.)
BTD Core Ingredients Analysis:
BTD Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Cilantro||1|| N|| B|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Parsley||1|| B|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
If an ingredient is an avoid for your blood type, then try using a BTD compliant variant/substitute or leaving the item out of the recipe.
When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has been recently greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a couple of years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended. Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of the all the new features and food lists. Please be patient with us until the process has been completed.
- Revised Oct 15, 2011 at 10:06 PM By: Joe