|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Thai Tuna Burgers|
Quick and tasty Thai inspired tuna burgers
How to make it:
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna packed in water, drained and flaked
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs (blood type appropriate)
- 2 Tablespoons fine chopped fresh or dried cilantro or parsley (either works)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce or tamari (O should go wheat free)
- 2 teaspoons grated or minced fresh ginger root
- 1-1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- rolls or bread, according to blood type
- sweet red chili sauce (kind of an avoid, but you use sooo little)
- olive oil or soy mayonnaise
- lettuce or baby spinach
- In a large bowl, combine tuna, egg, bread crumbs, cilantro/parsley, soy sauce, and ginger. (for the daring, you can add a small splash of the red chili sauce in as well)
- Shape mixture into 4 fairly flat patties. Note that mix will be quite moist and patties kind of crumbly, but do your best to keep them together!
- Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray; add oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add patties and cook 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve on bread or rolls with chili sauce and mayonnaise, and lettuce or baby spinach.
- (if you mix a little of the chili sauce with the mayo, it makes a nice spread and you end of using very little of both.)