|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
My version of ghee that spreads easily.
Ingredients:How to make it:
- Start with Father TiresiasªAdamoªs instructions for making ghee.
- You can find them at this link, or put the word ghee in the search engine at the bottom of his column. http://www.dadamo.com/ask/ask2.pl?20033602.txt
- Strain the ghee into a container with a cover.
- I have a porcelain covered metal bowl with a plastic lid; Iªm sure Tupperware or Glad Ware would also work.
- strain with a metal strainer.
- A coffee filter or cheese cloth might even be better. Straining removes the blackened salt and milk solids. Stir in 1/4 cup light olive oil for every stick of butter you used for the ghee.
- If you used 1 lb of butter you would use 1 cup of light olive oil. I use 3 sticks of butter, so I use 3/4 cup of light olive oil. Light olive oil does not distract from the buttery flavor of the ghee. Extra virgin olive oil has a strong flavor that over powers the butter.
- Refrigerate the buttery spread and use it exactly as you would soft spread margarine.