|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
Moroccan chicken, or optionally use turkey.
How to make it:
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast cubed [or turkey]
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-4 cloves of garlic, chopped (to taste)
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Prep Time: Approximately 15 minutes.
- Cook Time: Approximately 30 minutes.
- Season chicken with salt and brown in a large saucepan (or pot) over medium heat.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Saute onion, garlic, carrots and celery in the same pan.
- When tender, stir in ginger, paprika, cumin, oregano and turmeric, stir fry for about 1 minute, then mix in broth and tomatoes.
- Return chicken to pan, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini to pan and bring to simmering once again; cover pan and cook for about 15 minutes, or until zucchini is cooked through and tender.
- Stir in lemon juice and serve.
- Original recipe calls for a can of chickpeas to be added with the zucchini. I have omitted this and instead, serve this dish with spinach couscous.