|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Pumpkin Seed Patties|
Delicious alternative vegetarian patty
How to make it:
- 2 cups raw organic pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup raw organic sunflower seeds (O avoid, use all pumpkin seeds instead)
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup organic unbleached spelt flour
- 1 small organic red onion, chopped very fine
- 4 large cloves organic garlic, minced
- 1 large organic carrot,
- grated very fine sea salt to taste
- *herbs and spices to taste
- (*These are my favorite combinations:
- -Tamari sauce and fresh grated organic ginger
- -Curry powder
- -1 cup organic raisins and 2 tablespoons raw honey instead of onion and garlic for a sweet patty)
- Soak seeds for 24 hours in water to cover seeds by 2'.
- Rinse well.
- Grind in food processor until medium fine.
- Mix together remaining ingredients in separate bowl, then add to seed meal.
- Mix well.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- On oiled baking sheet (olive oil), form patties using 1/3 cup mix per patty (mix is wet, don't worry, it will Father Tiresias during cooking).
- 6 to 8 per sheet depending on thickness of patty.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool on racks.
Use this patty with breakfast instead of traditional sausage patty, use on sandwiches, use chopped in stir-fry for dinner.
- Experiment with other seasonings and vegetables.
- I freeze the patties for easy individual use.
- Take one out, let it thaw, and pop in the toaster for use in sandwiches.