|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Savory Vegetable Ricotta Bake|
Vegetables & ricotta, modified from Enchanted Broccoli Forest recipe
How to make it:
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 cups vegetables, diced (broccoli, cauliflower or other beneficial or neutral vegetable)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 3 Tablespoons spelt flour
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano
- 4 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 scant Tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 packed cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 large eggs (at room temperature)
- salt and cayenne pepper (amount to your liking)
- In a large skillet or wok, saute olive oil with salt, garlic, carrots, vegetables, flour, oregano and basil.
- Keep stirring, cooking over medium heat about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in parsley and lemon juice.
- In a very large mixing bowl, beat eggs and the cheeses with electric mixer on high until very well-blended.
- Add the sauteed vegetables and mix well.
- Season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Butter a springform pan, and transfer mixture from bowl to pan.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 1/2 hour.
- Check to see if sides are getting too brown, cover edges with foil to prevent burning.
- Continue baking with heat reduced to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for another 30 minutes.
- Turn off oven, open door, and leave the pan inside for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10-15 additional minutes before slicing and serving.