|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
Easy as pie cookies but watch out, they can be addictive!
How to make it:
- 1 roll Odense Almond Paste
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar [or 1/2 amount agave]
- egg whites from 2 large eggs slightly beaten(scant 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds (optional)
- Break almond paste into small pieces and place into mixing bowl with the sugar.
- Mix together with fingers or fork until mixture is crumbly.
- Add half of the egg whites and mix with electric mixer until a paste begins to form.
- Add remaining egg whites and continue mixing until a smooth stiff paste is formed.
- Spoon mixture into walnut-size balls, rolling lightly between palms until smooth.
- Optional: Press top of cookie into the chopped almonds. Place on greased or non-stick cookie sheet, leaving room for cookies to double in size.
- Bake at 325 degrees approximately 15-20 minutes until light golden in color. Cookies will be lightly cracked on top.
this recipe adapted from the Odense Almond Paste company.