|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
A great tortilla like flat bread for making wraps, quesadillas etc. Okay...so I missed wrapping things...it is such an easy way to eat because i'm just not a sandwich person even though it has been easy enough to find other forms of breads O types are allowed I could never find a non-wheat or non-corn flat bread.
How to make it:
- For two wrap size flat breads
- 1 cup spelt flour [or BTD compliant substitute]
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dab of olive oil
- Mix the salt and the flour together
- add water...when it gets to the point that all the water has been absorped knead the dough
- divide the dough into two pieces and then put just a few drops of olive oil in your palm and slather between your hands and then take the two pieces of dough and knead one in each hand just so that the dustiness of the dough is gone and it sure be smoother. The oil prevents the bread from being too dry.
- Roll the balls out with a rolling pin (the heavier the better) until they are about 1/8 of an inch thick
- put them on a skill on a med high flame and flip a couple of times until they have some firmness
- then put them directly on the fire and flip as they start to 'poof' up.
- I like to get the vegetarian refried beans and put those in their along with some tempeh that I've spiced with cajun spices and then pan-grilled, and some romain lettuce...really good and quick. I can make, eat and clean the whole thing in under 45 minutes. ENJOY and let me know what you think!!!