|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|African Pineapple Peanut Stew|
Adapted from Moosewood Cooks At Home.
How to make it:
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch kale or swiss chard (4-5 cups)
- 2 cups undrained canned,crushed pineapple(20-ounce can)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- sea salt to taste
- crushed skinless peanuts
- chopped scallions
- Sautee onions and garlic in oil for about 10 minutes stirring frequently until lightly browned.
- While onions are cooking wash kale, discard large stems, stack leaves on cutting surface and slice crosswise into 1 inch thick slices.
- Add pineapple and its juice to the onions and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the kale or chard, cover, and simmer about 5 minutes, until just tender.
- Mix in the peanut butter, soy sauce, and cilantro and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add sea salt to taste.
- Serve over your favorite grain and top with crushed peanuts and chopped scallions.