|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Lamb Stew Over Sweet Potatoes|
Easy and good - adapted from The Allergy Self-Help Cookbook by Marjorie Hurt Jones, R.N.
How to make it:
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 pound extra-lean ground lamb
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 5-6 carrots, cut into chunks
- 3-4 celery ribs, cut into 1' pieces
- 2 parsnips, cut into 1' pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- On a sheet of waxed paper, pat the lamb into a large flat square, about 1/2' thick.
- Cut into 1' cubes, and brown in a 4 quart saucepan.
- Drain off the fat.
- Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, celery, parsnips, rosemary, and water to barely cover the vegetables.
- Cover and cook for about 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- With a slotted spoon, place about 1-1/2 cups of the vegetables into a blender or food processor.
- Process until smooth, and stir back into the stew.
- Cook for 10 minutes, or until thickened.
- Steam the sweet potatoes until soft.
- Mash slightly, and top with the stew.