|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Asparagus and Tofu Stir-Fry|
Tasty, quick and easy vegetarian
How to make it:
- 1 teaspoon mono/polyunsaturated oil(I use Olive oil)
- 360g Tofu - diced/sliced
- 500g fresh Asparagus spears
- 1/2 cup finely chopped spring onions (50g)
- 1/3 cup pine nuts (60g)[or walnuts]
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce (40ml)[or Tamari]
- 1/3 cup water (85ml)
- 2 Tablespoons red wine (40ml)
- 2 teaspoons rice flour (5g)
- 1 teaspoon dry ginger (fresh can be substituted)
- Heat oil in a non-stick fry pan or wok.
- Add Tofu which has been blotted dry with kitchen paper and cut into cubes
- Stir-fry for five minutes or until lightly browned
- Cut asparagus spears diagonally into 1cm slices (or as desired).
- Add asparagus, spring onions and pine-nuts to the tofu and continue to stir fry.
- Mix together soy sauce, water, wine, rice flour and ginger.
- Add to tofu mixture and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until liquid has reduced and thickened but still with a thin consistency.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 2
Using lite soy sauce reduces the sodium by 50%. This recipe came from a book called Living into the 21st Century with Diabetes, by Peggy Stacey. Published 1998 By the West Australian Newspapers Ltd, Osborne Park (Perth), Western Australia. It is a good recipe for diabetics.
Nutrients per serve Kj: 933
/ Calories: 225 Protein (g): 18 Carbohydrate (g): 7 Fiber (g): 3 Fat (g): 16 Saturated Fat (g): 1 Cholesterol (mg): 0 Sodium (mg): 375 (using lite soy sauce)