|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Roasted Broccoli with Lemon Garlic Butter and Toasted Pine Nuts|
has a different texture as well.
How to make it:
- 1 pound broccoli florets - from a 1 1/4 pound bunch (save the broccoli stems for soup)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1-2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons pine nuts toasted (see Tip)
- Preheat the oven to 500 Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, toss the broccoli with the oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the florets in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast, turning once, for 12 minutes, or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and the lemon zest and heat, stirring, for about 1 minute.
- Let cool slightly and stir in the lemon juice.
- Place the broccoli in a serving bowl, pour the lemon butter over it and toss to coat.
- Scatter the toasted pine nuts over the top.
- Tip: To toast pine nuts, place them in a small, dry skillet over medium heat and toast, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown and fragrant.
- Remove from the skillet and let cool.
- from Reasons to Roast by Georgia Chan Downard and Evie Righter