|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Spelt Flour Cupcakes|
Basic simple cupcakes for all occasions. Makes 12 cupcakes or 1 - 9x9 inch cake.
How to make it:
- 1/2 cup honey (this makes just a bit sweet, add 1 cup for sweeter) [sugar for Type AB secretor and molasses for Type AB non-secretor]
- 1/2 cup canola oil [olive or almond oil for Type Bs]
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups spelt flour
- 1-3/4 teaspoons baking powder [get corn starch free powder for all but Type A secretors]
- 1/2 cup rice milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
- Grease and flour a 9x9 inch pan or line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the honey and oil.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Finally, stir in the milk until batter is smooth.
- Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- For cupcakes, bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- For cake, bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. Cake is done when it springs back to the touch.