|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Banana Carrot Cake|
Nice moist cake. Gluten free.
How to make it:
- 1/4 pound butter, chopped [or ghee]
- 1 cup sugar [or brown sugar, maple sugar, agave syrup]
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- 2 over ripe bananas, mashed
- 1-1/2 cups rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon allspice [B and AB substitute nutmeg]
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum [Best to omit; see Note below]
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder [Baking Powder Recipe Variations]
[Note: Xanthan gum is not listed in Typebase, but is assumed to be a universal avoid, like other vegetable gums tested so far.]
- Cream butter and sugar in mixer.
- Add egg beat until combined.
- Add carrot and banana.
- Add sifted dry ingredients and nuts, stirring until combined.
- Spread into prepared 8 inch pan or ring pan.
- Cook in a moderate oven 180 degrees Celsius [350 degrees Fahrenheit] for about 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Stand in pan for 5 minutes before turning out.
- Melt butter and work into the rest of the ingredients.
- Put into a large microwave ring pan and cook for about 6-1/2 minutes in a 900 Watt microwave oven.
- Leave in pan as above.
- Turn out and ice when cold.
- I use a plain butter icing, or you can sprinkle it with sugar.
- It is delicious.