|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Tofu With Miso and Greens|
How to make it:
- 1 package firm tofu, pressed for 30 minutes and drained
- spinach or kale or other greens-enough for 4 servings
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup rice wine
- 3 Tablespoons miso (I like to use brown miso)
- one package thin rice noodles
- Cut into slices, thickness your preference (I usually do about 1/4' thick).
- Pan fry in 2 tsp. olive oil for ~4 minutes per side.
- When done, place on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
Greens and Garlic:
- While tofu is cooking, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in sauce pan.
- Add garlic and spinach (kale).
- Partially covered over med. low heat, steam until done and then drain (spinach takes about 8 minutes).
- Stir occasionally as it's steaming.
- While tofu and greens are cooking, in large bowl, pour boiling or almost boiling water over noodles.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes (or to taste).
- If using thick, linguini style rice noodles may take longer-test for doneness).
- Drain, and run cold water over noodles for about 30 seconds while in strainer.
- Mix miso and rice wine together until smooth.
- Using same pan in which you fried tofu, heat this mixture for about 30 seconds, then pour over top of meal.