|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
Easy & healthy oatmeal cookie-type bar
How to make it:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup extra light olive oil
- 3 jumbo egg whites
- 2 Tablespoon water
- 2-1/2 cups white spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups oats (rolled or quick)
- 1 cup raisins, chocolate chips, Sundrops (healthy M&Ms), chopped dried apricots, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl combine sugar and brown sugar.
- In glass measuring cup or smaller bowl combine olive oil, egg whites and water, and add this to the sugar.
- In a third bowl, combine spelt flour, baking powder, soda and salt, and add to the sugar mixture.
- Stir in oats and raisins (or whatever you choose to add).
- Lightly grease the sides of a 9x13 metal pan with olive oil.
- Line with parchment paper for best results in removing bars (grease bottom of pan if not using parchment paper).
- Pat in the dough evenly and bake for 30-38 minutes until brown (ovens vary so experiment with the time).
- Glass pans retain more heat so reduce oven temp. and shorten cooking time, if using.