|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
Creamy pasta dish with lots of vegetables.
How to make it:
- 1 package (8 ounces) spelt pasta
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 small zucchini squash, grated
- 2 cups low fat milk
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Tablespoons spelt flour
- 1 cup ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- 1-2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, heat butter and oil in skillet and cook onion and garlic 1-2 minutes.
- Add carrots and zucchini and cook till tender. (You can add other vegetables you have around, leftovers can be used up here.)
- Add spelt flour, basil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook and stir 1-2 minutes more.
- Stir in milk, cooking and stirring constantly until thickened.
- Pour half of the pasta into an oiled casserole.
- Spoon ricotta cheese and mozzarella, then half of the veggie sauce mixture.
- Add the rest of the pasta, cover with remainder of sauce, top with grated mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or till hot and cheese melts.
- This is good with baked fish, or good for lunch the next day.