|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
Richly endowed with Type-A 'Beneficials' and quickly prepared in a pressure cooker.
How to make it:
- 4 cups water or unsalted vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup brown lentils [or BTD compliant substitute]
- 1 cup yellow onions, diced
- 1 cup carrots, coin-sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup parsnips, diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas, green beans, or mixture of both
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon wheat-free tamari (soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt(or more, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- Cook lentils at full pressure for 10 minutes in pressure cooker.
- Chop vegetables while lentils cook.
- Uncover lentils.
- Add all vegetables EXCEPT frozen peas/green beans to lentils.
- Cook at full pressure for 5 minutes in pressure cooker.
- Uncover and add frozen vegetables and all remaining ingredients.
- Simmer gently, stirring occasionally, until peas/green beans are tender.
- Makes 4 servings.
NOTES: Cooking times are averaged to produce tender vegetables in a standard pressure cooker; you may wish to reduce or extend times depending on your particular model, and according to your preferences for 'crisp' or 'softer' vegetables.
- Water/broth may be reduced to 3 cups for a thicker 'stew.'